- 1 Announcements
- 2 Current Individual Projects
- 3 Requests to S10 Students
- 4 Useful Links
- 5 Current Group Projects
Remember to keep your projects sections short and up to date; only the last week of status changes should be mentioned. Smaurer1
Group Discussion Questions
- Topics for conversations through Skype with RPI, SB, and/or Drexel Started 6/29.
- Who are we writing for? Started 6/29.
- Possibly expanding student Math Image roles, to be addressed 7/6.
- Things that are listed as Helper Pages but use the Image Page template
- We need to decide whether these pages should be on the Helper Page template, the Image Page template, or both:
Current Individual Projects
Steve M (aka Prof Maurer)'s Role
- Real Projective Plane
- Htasoff 18:47, 11 July 2011 (UTC) Will look at organization of page when my book arrives.
- Mobius Strip, a page originally from 2009
- Used to be non-orientable
- Htasoff 18:47, 11 July 2011 (UTC) adding some basic info. Will need to be developed by future writers.
- Htasoff 18:47, 11 July 2011 (UTC) pretty much ready, some final comments are good.
- Htasoff 18:47, 11 July 2011 (UTC) Steve thinks that proofs would be good. Will need to be developed by future writers. Other than that, pretty much ready.
- Completed & approved.
- Since you have an open question on your discussion page (asking how to make your helper page link to the pages that link it) I have removed it from the "ready for final review" page. 7/7 AnnaP
- Htasoff 18:47, 11 July 2011 (UTC) pretty much ready, need help with helper page template.
- Dinosaur :-)
- This page is the one that everyone should follow for feedback!
- Starting to address the comments on the discussion page one by one. Richard 7/7
- Rebecca 00:30, 8 July 2011 (UTC) I reread the page, and I think it is looking much improved! I love the addition of the demonstration and the new pictures. I do agree with Abram's most recent comment about mentioning that we're dealing with an acute angle in this page.
- APPLET INFO:Alimurreza 02:53, 6 July 2011 (UTC)I am working on your applet. Check this out here @(Reza's work).
- Put up for second final review! Score!Richard 7/11
- Other ideas:
- Inscribed figures : there's a Compass & Straightedge Construction and the Impossible Constructions page, but I think that inscribed figures deserves its' own page. What do others think?
- xd 7/6 how is this related to the Compass & Straightedge page?
- Rebecca 01:07, 9 July 2011 (UTC) I left comments on the discussion page.
- Torus edits, additions concerning the Torus in construction and architecture
- Kate 17:41, 6 July 2011 (UTC): Hey Dayo, I was doing some commenting this morning, and I was wondering which parts of this page you'd worked on, so I could give you feedback?
- Teaching Materials(6/30): growing up with science: projects could be the sort of activities we're looking for. I used these with a class, and think people should look at them.
- I've put up comments. There are a few places that could use some work. AnnaP 7/10
- I have posted a few minor comments. This page is in very good shape. AnnaP 7/10
Ideas for later projects
- Kate 19:02, 11 July 2011 (UTC): Made small changes based on feedback from Anna. I'm planning to come back and add information about Taylor polynomials for functions in multiple variables in the fall, when I can get my notes from Math 35 out of storage.
- Made changes based on feedback from Anna. Would really appreciate comments on the example given in the "More on dummy variables" section.
- Kate 23:08, 6 July 2011 (UTC): I'd like people to look over this page. I'm still planning on getting an applet done at some point.
- Kate 17:31, 11 July 2011 (UTC): Changed things in response to Chris' comments.
- Kate 21:04, 7 July 2011 (UTC): Have started drawing up the images for the proof. 39/81 images complete. Please hold back on feedback until I get these pictures done.
- Finished pages:
- sigh, sadly still in the works. WIP
working on Anna's comments hoping to post up for final review again by tomorrow.
re-post it for final review 7/11
- Vector Approved, 7/10
- Snell's Law feedback page
working on Kate's comments and adding problems.
Requests to S10 Students
Can XD do a demo for MATLAB?Done - Demo of MATLAB using the example of Bifurcation
Math Tools Requests This page is a place where students whose primary focus is writing pages can post requests for applets, animations, and new images that they'd like to see the computer science students create.