Look at Blue Wash for more information to learn how the image that is tiled was created.
A More Mathematical Explanation
- Note: understanding of this explanation requires: *Single Variable Calculus
Essentially, an equation was used to map the points of
- equation , limit is 1
, limit is 1
- distance compressing warp
- infinite tiling of Euclidean plane mapped onto a rectangle (or ellipse)
- mapping (x,y) from Euclidean plane unto (d(x),d(y)) in rectangle
Polar Harmonic Warping
- There are currently no teaching materials for this page. Add teaching materials.
Leave a message on the discussion page by clicking the 'discussion' tab at the top of this image page.