Welcome to the the Discussion Page for the Field:Fractal, please feel free to leave any relevant comments on this page.
I thought the second half of the sentence "Escape-time fractals are created in the complex plane with a single function, such as f(z) = z^2 + c, where z is a complex number and c is any real number." was distracting, so I went ahead and changed it to Escape-time fractals are created in the complex plane with a single function f(z)."
I vote that this is ready for the public.
- Great, thanks! Ryang1 (7/7)
Rebekah, The changes in all the pages I have looked at so far look really good. Thanks. As for IFC and strange attractor connections- In the descriptions of both you talk about chaos and I am wondering is it the same type of chaos? If not or if so how are they the same or different.
- Thanks for clarifying. Yes, they are the same type of chaos and I tried to revise the information in the Examples of Fractals sections.
- Ryang1 (6/30)
Rebekah, As I read through this page, I thought it was very good. There are a couple of phrases I am uncomfortable with, I am not sure how to change them but here goes; recursive statement - is it a statement or function or process, I am not sure.
The section on Fractal dimension confused me
What are the connections between IFC and strange attractors?
- Thanks for the comments!
- Yes, I was not careful with my use of recursive statement/function/process/equation - hopefully it is more clear now.
- I was having some trouble explaining fractal dimension, and I was trying to only write a sentence or two on it because there is another helper page on the topic of fractal dimension.
- I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to in your last comment about "IFC and strange attractors". Can you elaborate more?
- Ryang1 (6/26)
Rebekah, I've made a few small changes to make the mathematical English correct. I also changed the heading of one section: "irregular" dimension doesn't mean much; I've changed it to what I think you mean.
There are a number of other changes like this I could make, but I just made a few to test out using the editing and discussion features.