Welcome to Drexel's Summer 2011 page.
Latest News & Works in Progress
Calvin Morrison (CalvinMorrison)
This is what I am planning on working on over the summer
Working on the organization bit of the project:
- Left over from other summers, we have a lot of pages that need to be reviewed, fixed up, then added.
- Updating the main website. If I am having trouble finding something - Imagine someone who doesn't even work for the project! Remember, the project isn't for us. it's for people to utilize. that can't do it if it's not effective at organizing itself.
- From the Homepage, we should be able to get everywhere within around 3 clicks. It's taken me up to 7 clicks to get to a specific page, that's to many!
Unfinished from 2009
This of course only includes ones that were clearly unfinished or marked as WIP, obviously these need to be reviewed using the checklist: Checklist for writing pages
- Fourier Transform
- Bump Mapping
- Gaussian Pyramid
- Change Of Coordinate Transformations
- Bedsheet Problem - Definitely interested in this one, I think it needs to be reworked as the better known "can you fold a piece of paper 7 times, not a bed sheet, Also the mathematical explanation is a bit hard to follow as well as the original explanation.
- Special:Allpages: so all the wiki pages are listed here (so if you lost something, it's bound to be here!)
- http://mathforum.org/mathimages/index.php/Image:Inprogress.png: At the bottom it will tell you what pages are tagged with this image (therefore all the unfinished pages!
Md. Alimoor Reza (alimurreza)
Current and completed tasks here.
- Epitrochoid Completed. Check out the applet(Epitrochoid).
- Epicycloid Completed. Check out the applet(Epicycloid).
- 3D Viewer Completed. Check out the applet(Cross-cap). This is an Interactive Applet that imports a crosscap in JavaView .jvx format and displays it. The model can be rotated/translated/scaled around any axis in 3D. Additionally, JavaView allows for the other information(vertex, vertex normal, etc.) of the model. It was requested by Harrison from Swarthmore College. Check out three applets here:
- Ambiguous Case Completed. Check out the new version.(AmbiguousCase). Working on an Interactive Applet that shows the ambiguity. It was requested by Richard from Swarthmore College.
- Snell's Law In progress. Working on an Interactive Applet that exhibits Snell's Law. It was requested by Leah from Swarthmore College. Check out the current version.(Snell's Law)
Cardioid, Hypotrochoid already implemented. So the proposed curves would complement these similar patterns.
Other Math Image Pages
Michelle Guo (Rguo)
Currently Working On
Unfinished Pages from Previous Years
- Please comment on this page if you have the time! -- Rguo 21:26, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
Who We Are
Math Tools Requests This page is a place where students whose primary focus is writing pages can post requests for applets, animations, and new images that they'd like to see the computer science students create.