Sweet Briar 2012
We have just started researching different topics and are in the process of choosing images. There are four of us: two of whom worked on the project last summer and two who will be contributing their first pages! We will soon be adding links to our pages for you all to see, we welcome and appreciate any comments and suggestions!
Hi Swarthmore! We will be splitting into groups on Friday to do some peer reviewing, right? -Sweet Briar :Hey Sweet Briar, :Yes! Sorry for the delay on further info there. I'm planning to put together the groups for that tomorrow, and I was thinking the groups could meet at our regular time -- around 1. :Also, if any of you are currently working on multiple pages, please let me know which one you'd like to focus on. :Thanks! ::-Diana 14:02, 19 June 2012 (EDT)
Alright folks, here are the small groups I put together for Friday afternoon. They're based on how I think everyone can be most helpful to each other given the types of pages you're writing and the math you're working with:
- Group: Anna (SBC), Boy's Surface; Jorin (SC), Equivalence Relation; Peter (SC), Strange Attractors
- Group: Brenda (SBC), IsoAxis; Bill (SC), Euler's Formula
- Group: Phoebe (SBC), Catalan Numbers; Peng (SC), Envelope; Chenying (SC), Involute
- Group: Mariah (SBC), Frabjous; Awjin (SC), The Party Problem (Ramsey's Theorem)
Let's plan to hold these meetings at 1:00 on Friday. Everyone please read the pages of the other folks in your group before then. These pages are at many different stages of development, so some discussions may focus on feedback about existing parts of the page, while others may focus on ideas and suggestions for how to develop the page going forward. It would be good to have some questions and suggestions in mind -- both for your own page and for others' pages -- going into the meeting.
Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you'd like to change any part of this plan.
Thanks! -Diana 11:07, 20 June 2012 (EDT)
Current Individual Projects
Brenda Ponce's Pages
I'm starting my first page now and will be explaining the Animated IsoAxis .
Mariah Skalka's Pages
- Working on the Frabjous page
Anna Donko's Pages
- Finishing the Boy's Surface page
Phoebe Jiang's Pages
- Need to work on the application Poset, introducing bijection, and add a few pictures to some of the applications. 75% done! Welcome Comments!!!!! Thanks.
- Need to work on Posets and partitions, and a few questions about lattice paths, summary, and some other details. 85% done! WELCOME COMMENTS!!!!! Phoebe 23:35, 26 June 2012 (EDT)
- Done! Phoebe 23:04, 7 July 2012 (EDT)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: Cammie.Barnes
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: Mkskalka13
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: anna.k.donko
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: blacki2014
Math Tools Requests This page is a place where students whose primary focus is writing pages can post requests for applets, animations, and new images that they'd like to see the computer science students create.